- Should I or shouldn’t I
- This could be the beginning of ……………
- I (or my family) will be forever changed if I (we)……..
Have you ever had a moment in life like the one I’m talking about? I’m talking about newness. Maybe it’s a decision you’ve contemplated for some time and it keeps you up at night, but today’s the day you finally act upon it. Maybe it’s something you’ll decide on a whim but will have life-altering consequences none the less. Maybe it’s something that just seems to overtake you and it’s as if it was predestined just for you. Maybe you’ll make this decision solo, or perhaps some collaboration is involved. Either way, if you take even one step forward, if you even inhale even one breath of life into this decision, without a doubt life is going to irrevocably change.
It’s that BIG MOMENT when you:
- Say YES or I DO to…………
- Have just one last drink and put the keys in the ignition anyway, and then ……
- Take your company public even though you are risking……..
- Decide to move all the way to…………
- Kiss someone for the first time knowing that…….
- Run for office even though……….
- Want to feel something different than this so you try……
- Decide to no longer be held captive by the secret of……
- Pick up the gun and…….
- Despite any fear of failure, take your dream job doing…..
- Gaze into the eyes of a baby less than a minute old and your heart floods with….
- From this moment on, I will live different and choose to believe…………
Think about it. If you’ve pondered this for a while you know without a doubt, life will never be the same. Even if you make a decision on a whim, especially if it’s a bad one, an immoral one, perhaps a dangerous one, there is always that one-second hesitation that says uh uh uh….maybe I better not. Perhaps it’s something you’ve always wanted to do and this is the moment you say yes, even though you are unsure of future outcome. Temptation. Risk-taking. These are the moments we meet at every crossroads. How will you decide?
I call them God Moments. We either walk with Him or walk away from Him. Perhaps we don’t consult Him at all, but I believe either way, He is watching, always aware, knowing the future before you take even one step forward. Even if you’re unsure, perhaps you’ll seek His guidance and wisdom before or as you go through this decision process. Perhaps you deceive yourself thinking this has nothing to do with God, I’ll just handle this one on my own, thank you. How will you decide?
This is the moment you could lose everything……or gain everything. It’s the moment where you put your chips on the table. Maybe you’re risking money. Maybe you’re risking revelation of truth. Maybe you’re risking your entire heart.
Nervousness. Butterflies in the tummy. Heart over head. Head over heels. Terror. Exhilaration. Freedom. Passion. Love.
Today is MY DAY that changes everything. I have no doubt it will radically alter my life and the life of my family. It’s something that happens all over the world every day. As a writer, I know for sure it will give me plenty to write about.
What is it you ask? Ah….the cliff hanger. Stay posted dear friends. All will be revealed soon! I’ve buckled my parachute to the best of my ability. Now there’s just one thing left:
Go ahead and jump!