It’s over. The Donald is now the POTUS.
I just deleted about two dozen sentences after those first two, because no matter what I write I can literally feel the shouts of applause and the hurling of tomatoes no matter what I say. Instead, I am just going to start out light hearted, end seriously, and then enjoy my day. I hope you’ll do the same. These will be my last post-election thoughts for a while, as I and probably many of you now need a total tv/social media break. I really super-binged yesterday on TV and Facebook and am now feeling the aftermath of shame. Of course a day of rest and stillness does wonders for the soul too. I just get kind of mad at myself whenever moss grows around my outline on the couch. Anyway, my thoughts:
- Ivanka would make a stunning Disney Princess and she conveys the calm demeanor I wish to have at all times. I feel no jealousy watching her or the family, only inspiration. I’d like to learn how to be gracious and not so sensitive as to what others think. In my book, that is real woman empowerment.
- Melania would make a nice princess too; I love her simplistic elegance. Jackie O elegance on display just makes me happy; it just does. Especially if done at private, not public expense. Though I think beneath her understated elegance, is not someone who is wanting to be known for simple beauty. My intuition tells me we will find she is a woman of substance, a good and protective mother, with very strong views that are her completely her own.
- The grandkids are adorable and I’m still pretty sure one of them signed the first executive orders blowing rasberries as Nancy Pelosi watched ever so nervously. I chuckled as one of the little grandsons aptly worked his way through all the adults like he was parting the seas. He moved confidently to the Executive Desk in rapid order and put his arm over Grandpa while toying with the pens as if to say, “Allow me, sir.”
- I loved the music selections by talented, not the “in club” entertainers, especially kids!! I loved Pelican 212! Those trumpet players, oh my. Those kids were beautifully diverse and had incredible passions for their amazing talent!
- As POTUS spoke, my ADHD brain kept receiving conflicting messages from his sign language. He’s really quite good actually. But as I listened to his plans, I kept reading L-O-L, or L-O-U-D, or F-O-U-L or F-O-L-D, but mostly a lot of LOL. I would like to see him conduct a symphony and see how it sounds. I mean that. It would be interesting.
- I am a composite of all my friends and family b/c some things DJT says make me want to cringe, but others make me want to shout Hooah! Above all, I am an optimist—mostly. I have to be. I wouldn’t survive the hard days if I wasn’t.
- Above all, I wanted to cry when the military danced with the First and Second families. My large family is full of members who either serves/served our country honorably for years in the various branches, and it was beautiful seeing THEM honored in this way.
Lastly, whether your candidate won or lost, how now will you live? Whether SHOUTING our opinions on social media if effective to hear our views is debatable. It may have worked well for President Trump’s campaign, but does it ACTUALLY work for you? Does it actually accomplish things in your life or lead to a loss of time, or an increase of anxiety? Just thoughts to ponder, no judgement here.
Is there something, anything each of us could be DOING to affect change, well effectively? What if we really were the change we wished to see, as Ghandi said? People would see us and think how cool it would be to join us when helping our fellow citizens. Posters and tweets and shouting bring awareness for a short time, but acts of kindness, words of gentleness, and strategically managing your time and ways you help the causes you are most passionate about bring about the greatest change. All these thoughts are my humble opinion of course.
Finally, I pray you can stay positive. Have faith. Reject fear. Help someone else today. Set an example. Breathe. Be grateful. Make America Kind Again!! Love, and in so doing, you will let live.